Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friends, Flowers and a Finish

Do you like the Mary Engelbreit fabrics with the theme of flowers and friendship?
I do!
Remember my last post I mentioned a project I was working on....
Well....look!
I see some Mary Engelbreit flowers....

It all started when I bought a little kit from a LQS over a year ago. It was a pattern designed by the shop called a "Framed Four-Patch." They sell lots of kits because it is actually a fun little quilt to make. It is 48 X 56.

Since my summer has not left much room for sewing, I was ravenous to finish SOMETHING before I have to start getting ready for school to begin

so

ready to sew

My first finished framed four-patch!!! I am so excited about these colors!

Put 20 of these charmers together....
Add borders with framed four-patch cornerstones
and there you have it....

I took the loveliness outside for a photo shoot but sorry that my pictures did not turn out that great!

So....now I am waiting for the Mary Engelbreit fabric that I ordered from the Quilt Shoppe that I am using for the backing and it will be off to the quilter!
I am hoping to sew a few more things up in the next few days!

Oh....did I mention that while I was sewing mine, I was helping my mom work on one from the same pattern using fabric from the "Woodland Bloom" collection. Her sewing machine was being difficult and she needed lots of support and encouragement but it's worth it seeing her feel good about making something pretty!!


Have a wonderful beginning of the week and hopefully, I will be able to share some more lovelies before the end of the week!
Dotti






11 comments:

  1. They both look beautiful...wanna make mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ME. How wonderful to be able to sew with your mom. Both lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Dottie. They look wonderful. I find ME fabric so light and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red and Aqua seem to be the most popular colors right now. Good job.
    Our school started last week, and I'm thinking I might get something possibly done now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look fantastic!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute quilt, Dotti. I love framed 4 patches - very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dotti I love the framed 4 patch. And I love that fabric. I bought fat quarters of the whole pack and some yardage. I stil have some of the dot yardage left. Mary fabric is so fun. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is adorable... and your moms is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the fabric in the quilt you made, and I love ME's fabric. That is going to be such a pretty quilt! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete